Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tallying up the savings!

I just though I would share this here.  I just want you all to know what you can do with your money.  it really is amazing to see this.  I never realized how cool it was until I wrote it all down. This is posted on my other blog too and I will continue to post thngs on there in the future instead of here.

Thanks to Allysa, I was able to get some really good deals this week.  I spent more then I wished but got so much free stuff that it made it all worth it.  

here is what I did.

Walgreens
2-Quaker oatmeals $4.49 each
-$2.50 off each with a walgreens coupon
-$1.00 off each with a man. coupon
=$.99 each

Glade Candle $2.50 ( sale)
-1.00 man coupon
=$1.50
rebate of $1.00 coming back to me

Glade melts holder $4.49
-$2.50 man. coupon
=$2.00
Rebate of $1.00 coming

8-Garnier Fructis $2.99 each (sale)
-$2.00 off each Walgreens Coupon
=.99 each---or $9.82 with tax

Grand total:
$6.03 on gift card
After Rebate--- $4.03 on gift card
$9.82 Out Of Pocket

total Savings at walgreens-$26.50

Target
8-Johnson's Buddies $.99 Each
- 4 $2.00 off 2 coupon
= Free!!!

Baby Wash $2.99 (Sale)
-$1.00 off
=$1.99 OOP

Grand Total
$2.78 including tax

Total Savings
$9.00

Right Aid
SoyJoy 10 for $5.00
-$5.00 Rebate
=FREE!!!!


Grand total OOP
$12.60  

Total Savings
$43.50  


How cool is that?????  I am so excited at all the money I saved.  I spent about 1/3 of what I saved.  I probably wont post this every week on here.  I may on my other blog, but I am just so proud of myself.  We were able to get things we really needed and save a bunch!  
If you have any questions on how I did this let me know and I will either pass you on to alyssa, or answer them if I can.

My newest goal is to figure out what foods we buy the most so that we can get coupons for those things to use regularly so we can save even more money.  It is hard to save a lot at the grocery store.  you can only do so much there, but anything helps.  If anyone has any coupons they don't use and would like to donate them to me, I will gladly take them off your hands!!!!!!  hope you enjoyed seeing this as much as I did! ;)


4 comments:

where the wildthings grow said...

Ok...so how much of this did you need or buy on a regular basis? That is my frustration with some coupons, it is for stuff that I don't buy. I like when things that I do use come on sale and I buy several at one time for a low cost.

Melissa said...

I actually needed everything I bought except for one of the candles. I had to because the coupon said to. ;) Otherwise we needed it all even if we will use it a long ways down the road. like the 8 shampoo and conditioners, not really need right now but will definitely use. yes, there are alot of coupons you wont use, but it is just all in using what you can and getting the best deal you can. so if you get something for free now and again that you normally would not buy, like a candle, it is ok because it is a treat for you and it is FREE!!!

The A.Wahls said...

Wahoo! Great savings! Isn't is fun?!

Julie G. said...

Yay for savings!! I'm all about coupon clipping. Do you go online for coupons?? I've got some great sites. Email me if you'd like them. Love you! And Great job.